Over the past few weeks, I’ve been experimenting with granola and cereal bars to make for my family. I finally made one this last week that’s a winner—Peanut Butter Cranberry Chocolate Cereal Bars, or for simplicity sake~PBCC Cereal Bars. (Yep, after years of working in government, I couldn’t resist the urge to use an acronym. :0)
This quick and easy recipe will please both kids and adults with its sweet nutty crunchiness. When my little guy tried his first bite, his eyes widened as he said, “Mmmmmm.” Oh, I love that reaction! Yep, another recipe I’ll be repeating with my family and friends. I hope you enjoy this one!!
PBCC Cereal Bars
- ⅔ cup honey
- ⅔ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 5 cups Chex rice cereal (or similar cereal)
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup white chocolate chips
(1) Spray an 8×11 ½ or a 9×13 cake pan with cooking spray; set aside.
(2) In a large stock pot or dutch oven, add honey and peanut butter and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring mixture constantly. Remove from burner. Add cereal and dried cranberries and mix until well coated with peanut butter-honey mixture. Let cool for about 5 minutes before stirring semi-sweet and white chocolate chips into cereal mixture.