I’d love to give a BIG thanks to Justa from JustaFrugalFoodie who nominated me for the Sunshine Award. Oh, it’s truly an honor to receive my first blogging award. Shortly after I moved my blog over this new site, Justa was one of the first bloggers to visit me here. She’s been incredibly supportive of my blog. Her kind and encouraging words have truly blessed me. Thank you so much, Justa!
Please stop by and visit her at her fabulous blog ~ JustaFrugalFoodie. She regularly posts delish recipes that won’t break the bank. In fact, I just made one of her recipes the other day–Fresh Fruit Salad with Honey, Mint, & Lime Syrup–and ah, it was so yummy (yep, I had to take a picture of this pretty salad). I definitely plan to make this one again and again and again. . . :0)
About the Sunshine Blog Award
A little about this award . . . This prize is awarded to “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” As an award winner, there are a few rules to follow:
- Thank the person who gave this award and write a post about it.
- Answer the questions below.
- Pass on the award to 10 fabulous bloggers, link their blogs, and let them know you awarded them.
So, here are the things about me:
- Favorite Color – Rich shades of red
- Favorite Animal – Golden retrievers would definitely be at the top of my list. But I’ve always been intrigued by orangutans. When I was in fifth grade, I wrote an English paper on great apes, and for a few years after that I wanted to be a zoologist studying orangutans. Well, I soon learned that I stink at science and that writing was a much better fit for me. :0)
- Favorite Number – Hmm . . . I don’t really have a favorite number.
- Favorite Drink – Oh, this is a toss-up between a latte and iced tea with extra lemon.
- Facebook or Twitter – Definitely Facebook.
- Your Passion – Writing, especially fiction. Right now, I’m writing a middle-grade/young adult novel. And I have a WWII novel I can’t wait to write. :0)
- Giving or getting presents – Giving, for sure! It’s always an adventure for me to come up with something creative to give to family and friends for birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, or just because.
- Favorite Day – Christmas. Ah, I love everything about Christmas–listening to Christmas music (especially Bing Crosby–I grew up listening to his Christmas album…yep, I said “album” :0), decorating the tree and the house, making up batches and batches of cookies, wrapping gifts, hoping and praying for snow. . . oh, I could go on and on . . . :0)
- Favorite Flowers – Gerber daisies, sunflowers, and zinnias
So I’d love to pass on the Sunshine Award to these 7 fabulous bloggers: